We encourage you to report any behavior that violates our policies. If we have removed your video from Snack, it will fall under one of the categories below and violates our community guidelines.
On App Safety
🚩 if they ask you for your personal information 🚩 🚩 🚩
Protect Your Personal Information & Be Cautious
- Do not share any of your personal information. You should avoid disclosing your social security number, home address, work information, or specific details about your daily routine with people you don't know.
- Insuring that your profile doesn’t contain lots of specific personal information, for example;
- Posting a video while at your favourite place to go alone might be okay, but if there is too much that shows the specific location you might want to avoid sharing it.
- We know you love to share funny videos about your work but try to avoid specifics about your specific branch or location.
🚩 if they ask you to send them money 🚩 🚩 🚩
Never Send Money or Share Financial Information
- You should never send money. Wiring money, sending bitcoin/cryptocurrencies or sharing your personal financial account information is dangerous and is never necessary, even if someone claims to be in an emergency. If there is a circumstance where a user asks you for money please report it to us immediately.
- For additional information on romance scams here are some resources you can use;
- US Federal Trade Commission tips.
🚩 if they claim to be overseas and need help getting home 🚩 🚩 🚩
Be Cautious When Entering Long Distance & Overseas Relationships
- Be wary of anyone that will not meet in person or talk on a phone/video call - they might not be who they claim to be. Watch out for scammers who appear to be from your area but claim to be stuck somewhere else and ask for financial help, or someone avoiding your questions and pursuing a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you!
🚩 if they ask you to move off platform immediately after matching 🚩 🚩 🚩
Stay on the Platform
By keeping conversations on the Snack platform while you’re getting to know someone it will allow you to access our safety tools. Exchanges on Snack are subject to our Safe Message Filters, you are able to report any user which will be reviewed & actioned on by a human moderator. Users with bad intentions often try to move the conversation to text, messaging apps, email, or phone right away.
Actions you can take
Report All Suspicious and Offensive Behavior
Please review our Community Guidelines and report anyone that violates these terms! Some examples of these red flags to report are;
- 🚩 Asking for money
- 🚩 Underage users
- 🚩 Nudity
- 🚩 Violence
- 🚩 Inappropriate
- 🚩 Spam or solicitation - anyone linking to websites or selling products or services
You can report any suspicious or inappropriate behavior on a users profile, video, photo or in your conversations with that person.
If you cannot find the appropriate place to report please reach out to our team firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns you have.
So, you think you’ve found the peanut butter to your jelly? Are you ready to meet IRL? Once you’ve decided to meet, here are some tips to make sure you & your date feel comfortable.
Leading up to the date:
- Be sure to get to know the person before moving to meet IRL - consider video chatting with them prior to meeting.
- For the first time, meet in a public place.
- Make sure your phone is charged!
- Tell somebody close to you your date’s name, where you are going, when you’ll be home & contact them afterwards!
During the date:
- Don’t give your date any private information right away.
- If you are drinking, know your limit and keep an eye on your drink.
- Trust your gut if you feel uncomfortable.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Always feel free to leave the date, or enlist the help of a waiter